A tasty and healthy alternative to the traditional Swedish pudding (julgröt). You can top this overnight pudding with apple, Ceylon cinnamon, or your own favorite garnish.
Health benefits of the different ingredients
This is a super healthy alternative to overnight oats. Despite the name it is not related to wheat and therefore gluten-free. Buckwheat is anti-inflammatory and consuming it has several health benefits, including improved blood sugar control and heart health. Buckwheat is a carbohydrate with low GI (glycemic index) which means it will not cause unhealthy bloodsugar spikes.
Buckwheat is rich in antioxidants and minerals and contains beneficial plant compounds like rutin, quercetin, vitexin, and D-chiro-inositol.
It’s a good source of resistant starch which is the main source for the production of ‘intestine-sealing’ and anti-inflammatory short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), mainly butyric acid. They work as nutrition for the cells lining your colon, improving gut health. Daily consumption of 15 – 30 grams is recommended.
Read more about fibre here https://stigbengmark.com/en/four-magical-fibres/
Chia seeds are highly nutritious and high in antioxidants. They contain fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are also high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and ALA which all supports improved bone mineral density.
Cinnamon has been used for centuries for both its medicinal properties and its flavour. Choose Ceylon cinnamon instead of Cassia as it has been identified as superior in beneficial active compound composition.
Cinnamon is known to reduce the risk of cancers, hyperlipidemia, and hyperglycemia. It has the ability to increase insulin sensitivity and therefore reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. It is anti-inflammatory and has antimicrobial properties.
Delicious Overnight Buckwheat Pudding
- 1 dl 1 dl raw Buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 dl Unsweetened almond or coconut milk plus ¼ cup before serving
- 0.25 tsp Vanilla powder (or 0.5 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ dl Chopped mixed nuts and seeds – for ex Almonds, Walnuts, Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Low sugar or unsweetened lingonberry jam
- 1 tbsp Low sugar or unsweetened apple jam, pomegranate seeds, frozen wild blueberries or any fresh berries, Coconut flakes
- ½ dl chopped mixed nuts and seeds – for ex almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds Optional: 1 tsp honey
- Rinse the buckwheat in water and then add all the other ingredients (not topping) and mix well. Add half of the chopped nuts. Let sit for 4 hours or overnight. Mix a few times in between if possible.
- If needed add more milk or a few spoons or dairy free yoghurt alternative before serving.
- Add the topping of your taste.
- Tips – play with the toppings depending on what you have at home and create new variations. You can also add Synbiotic or some protein powder if you like.
A supplement for your gut health
Want more energy and less bloating? It might be time to take better care of your gut. To strengthen or restore the balance in your gut flora, it's important you feed your gut with a daily dose of pre- and probiotics. A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables is usually sufficient. If you want an extra boost or make sure you get a daily dose of good bacteria, you can complement your diet with a supplement.
Why should you take Synbiotic15?
A daily dose of Synbiotic15 helps to boost your immune system, improve your digestion, prevent inflammation, strengthen your gut flora, improve your skin and take care of simple stomach problems. It's a powdered mix of 4 patented lactic acid bacteria and 4 grams of prebiotic fibres, which act as food for the good bacteria. Based on over 15 years of research, developed in Sweden and 100% natural.
Add it to your daily (morning) routine and stir it in water, mix it with your smoothie, or take it as is! Get started today. Buy Synbiotic15 now.