This is an anti-inflammatory dish which is high in fiber. Another advantage of this recipe is that most of the ingredients are pantry staples, which means that you can make it on a short notice without having to run to the store. A tip is to bring it to work the next day for a healthy, nourishing homemade lunch.
The brightly colored pumpkin and carrot contain beta carotene, an antioxidant which the body converts into vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for maintaining normal vision and eye health as well as the immune system.
The lentils in the curry are a great source of veganprotein as they contain more than 25% protein. They are also rich in vitamin B, magnesium, zinc, potassium and iron. Moreover, lentils contain polyphenols which are health-promoting phytochemicals. The polyphenols procyanidin and flavanols found in lentils are strong antioxidants, and are both anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective.
Since the curry is high in fiber it supports the gut flora. Together with an adequate water intake it also supports a regular bowel movement.
Hearty, healthy & nourishing – Red Lentil and Pumpkin Curry Stew
- 300 g Red lentils (uncooked and rinsed in cold water)
- 450 g Pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 Medium carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Organic vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Mild curry powder (yellow)
- 1 tsp Red paprika powder
- 1 ml Cumin powde
- 1 ml Ginger powder or 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 ml Ceylon cinnamon
- 400g tomatoes
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 400 ml Water
- 1 Garlic clove
- Sea Salt
- Lime juice
- A small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Coconut- or soy yoghurt
- Chili flakes
- Rinse the uncooked lentils in cold water until the water runs clear and then add to a large pot.
- Peel the pumpkin (or squash) and remove the seeds. Cut into cubes and add to the pot.
- Chop the carrot, onion, tomato, and garlic clove. Add the chopped vegetables to the pot together with the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Heat until boiling and then lower the temperature and let simmer for approx. 25 min until the lentils and vegetables are cooked. Stir a few times during the cooking and add some extra water if needed.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste
- Optional: Add some of the coriander and stir. Serve with coconut- or soy yoghurt, the remaining coriander and chili flakes.
A supplement for your gut health
Want more energy and less bloating? It might be time to take better care of your gut. To strengthen or restore the balance in your gut flora, it's important you feed your gut with a daily dose of pre- and probiotics. A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables is usually sufficient. If you want an extra boost or make sure you get a daily dose of good bacteria, you can complement your diet with a supplement.
Why should you take Synbiotic15?
A daily dose of Synbiotic15 helps to boost your immune system, improve your digestion, prevent inflammation, strengthen your gut flora, improve your skin and take care of simple stomach problems. It's a powdered mix of 4 patented lactic acid bacteria and 4 grams of prebiotic fibres, which act as food for the good bacteria. Based on over 15 years of research, developed in Sweden and 100% natural.
Add it to your daily (morning) routine and stir it in water, mix it with your smoothie, or take it as is! Get started today. Buy Synbiotic15 now.