This smoothie is packed with vitamin C, fibre and anti-inflammatory turmeric – everything needed to give your immune system an extra boost.
Turmeric and vitamin C
Green smoothies are great, but in this recipe we let turmeric take centre stage, giving the smoothie a sunny yellow colour. Turmeric has been used in natural medicine for a very long time to treat various types of ailments and health problems. Turmeric has also been studied by several researchers for its anti-inflammatory properties.
In addition to turmeric, this recipe contains lemon and mango, which provide plenty of vitamin C, which is important for the functioning of the immune system.
70 percent of the immune system is located in the gut
Plant fibres are the main food source for good intestinal bacteria and are therefore crucial for intestinal health. An unripe banana contains more fibre than a ripe banana, and manganese and lemon also contain plant fibres. Adding a dose of Synbiotic15 to the smoothie provides an additional amount of probiotics and prebiotics.
Immune boosting smoothie with Turmeric Recipe:
Ingredients for 1 portion
- Oatmeal (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 banana (as unripe as possible)
- 1 lemon (remove peel and seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric or 1-2 cm fresh peeled turmeric
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 dl frozen mango
- 1 sachet of Synbiotic15
How to make the smoothie
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until the smoothie is smooth.
- Adjust the amount of plant-based milk according to what consistency you prefer – less liquid results in a creamier and thicker consistency, while more liquid makes the smoothie more runny.
- Serve in your favourite glass with an aluminium or bamboo straw, yummy!