This smoothie is anti-inflammatory and low carb packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients, lots of fiber and loaded with vitamins and minerals. It is a great nutrient dense gut healthy smoothie to break your fast and kick start your day.
This is a great anti-inflammatory, high nutritious, plant based version of the popular poke bowl. “Eating the rainbow” means including many different coloured vegetables in a meal. This salad contains eight different colours – each colour containing a mix of different vitamins and minerals that we need to stay healthy. A wide range of colourful vegetables intake increases antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals and reduces inflammation and restores the immune system.
Health benefits of the different ingredients
Flaxseeds are a great source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of omega 3 which helps to lower inflammation and shown to be beneficial for our cardiovascular health by preventing cholesterol from being deposited in your heart’s blood vessels. It also contains lots of fibre which helps to promote regular bowel movement and improve digestive health. It also helps to balance hormones especially for women in peri-menopause and menopause.
Rucola and broccoli belong to a group of vegetables called Cruciferous vegetables known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. They all contain phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, and fiber that are important to your health. Broccoli is also a great source of vitamin C and contains almost twice the amount of vit C per 100gr than an orange.
Celery provides many health benefits and nutrients that promote overall health in numerous ways. It is rich in fibre and nutrients and helps lower cholesterol, relieves constipation, reduces stress hormone levels, fights inflammation and provides many other benefits.
Gut friendly and anti-inflammatory green smoothie recipe
- 1 medium size celery stick
- 1-2 stems broccoli (or 2-3 florets of broccoli)
- 1 handful rucola, spinach, watercress or any green leaves you have in the fridge
- 100 ml frozen green peas
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2-4cm depending on how strong you want it)
- ½ avocado
- ½ apple (or 1 peeled kiwi)
- ½ squeezed fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp whole flaxseeds
- 1 sachet Synbiotic15
- 300 ml filtered water or unsweetened coconut water
- Get as many ingredients organic and locally produced as possible.
- Alternatively you can buy ingredients frozen and add straight to the mixer.
- Wash everything properly before mixing in a blender.
- Taste and add more lemon and/or ginger for flavour if needed. You can add anti-inflammatory spices like Ceylon cinnamon as well to add more flavour.
- Add a sachet of Synbiotic15 (pre- & probiotics) as it gives it a bit sweeter flavour due to the fibres in the supplement.
A supplement for your gut health
Want more energy and less bloating? It might be time to take better care of your gut. To strengthen or restore the balance in your gut flora, it's important you feed your gut with a daily dose of pre- and probiotics. A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables is usually sufficient. If you want an extra boost or make sure you get a daily dose of good bacteria, you can complement your diet with a supplement.
Why should you take Synbiotic15?
A daily dose of Synbiotic15 helps to boost your immune system, improve your digestion, prevent inflammation, strengthen your gut flora, improve your skin and take care of simple stomach problems. It's a powdered mix of 4 patented lactic acid bacteria and 4 grams of prebiotic fibres, which act as food for the good bacteria. Based on over 15 years of research, developed in Sweden and 100% natural.
Add it to your daily (morning) routine and stir it in water, mix it with your smoothie, or take it as is! Get started today. Buy Synbiotic15 now.