This is a great anti-inflammatory, high nutritious, plant based version of the popular poke bowl. “Eating the rainbow” means including many different coloured vegetables in a meal. This salad contains eight different colours – each colour containing a mix of different vitamins and minerals that we need to stay healthy. A wide range of colourful vegetables intake increases antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals and reduces inflammation and restores the immune system.
Health benefits of the different ingredients
This salad contains cauliflower, cabbage, radish, watercress, and rucola – all cruciferous vegetables, anti-inflammatory and with a range of health benefits.
Cruciferous vegetables belong to the Brassicaceae family of plants and are rich in nutrients and low in calories. They are high in vitamin A, -C, -K, fibre and rich in folate. They include arugula/rocket, cabbage, kohlrabi, bok choy, cauliflower, watercress, broccoli, kale, mooli, brussels sprouts and radish.
Cruciferous vegetables can help regulate blood sugar, promote weight loss and help balance oestrogen levels. Cruciferous vegetables are also good sources of phytonutrients, which are plant-based compounds that may help lower inflammation and reduce the risk of developing cancer.
Sulforaphane, a phytochemical abundant in Cruciferous vegetables, has been studied for the prevention and treatment of several types of cancer, including stomach, bladder, breast, prostate, lung, colon and skin. Sulforaphane may have significant benefit for depression. Sulforaphane also helps with inflammation of the arterial walls, inhibits obesity, relieves hypertension, and other conditions that are part of or lead to cardiovascular disease.
Please note – If you have thyroid issues, cook cruciferous vegetables and limit your intake to one to two servings daily.
Anti-inflammatory rainbow plant-based poke bowl with miso dressing recipe
- 200 g Organic (smoked) high-quality tofu
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 300 g cauliflower rice
- ⅙ red cabbage
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 4 radishes
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- ½ cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handful mixed organic salad like watercress, rucola and spinach
- 1 bunch fresh coriander to taste
- Optional roasted onions
- 2 tbsp organic miso paste (we used white, but you can use whichever you have or prefer)
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or MCT oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Optional a small spoon of honey to taste
- Mix all ingredients of the miso dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut all the vegetables and wash the salad and the herbs. Feel free to add any other ingredients you like like cherry tomatoes, leek, zucchini or aubergine.
- Cook the cauliflower rice with a pinch of salt, drain with cold water and put aside.
- NOTE – if you can’t find cauliflower rice, it’s very easy to make yourself. Get a cauliflower, break it into small pieces and put a small amount (2-4 florets at a time) in the blender. Pulse until the cauliflower is about rice size. Make sure not to pulse too long as then the cauliflower will be too small, like powder. Repeat until all the cauliflower flowers are broken down into the right size. Boil in large quantity of water for approximately 8 minutes, drain with cold water and set aide to cool off.
- Cut the tofu in small cubes and pan fry lightly in coconut oil. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top in the end.
- Plate all the ingredients starting with salad, cauliflower and tofu. then add rest of the vegetables add black sesame seeds and roasted onion on top.
- Serve with miso dressing.
A supplement for your gut health
Want more energy and less bloating? It might be time to take better care of your gut. To strengthen or restore the balance in your gut flora, it's important you feed your gut with a daily dose of pre- and probiotics. A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables is usually sufficient. If you want an extra boost or make sure you get a daily dose of good bacteria, you can complement your diet with a supplement.
Why should you take Synbiotic15?
A daily dose of Synbiotic15 helps to boost your immune system, improve your digestion, prevent inflammation, strengthen your gut flora, improve your skin and take care of simple stomach problems. It's a powdered mix of 4 patented lactic acid bacteria and 4 grams of prebiotic fibres, which act as food for the good bacteria. Based on over 15 years of research, developed in Sweden and 100% natural.
Add it to your daily (morning) routine and stir it in water, mix it with your smoothie, or take it as is! Get started today. Buy Synbiotic15 now.